When you are feeling tired all the time, or maybe just a little out of sync, having skin problems and various aches and pains, it may be time for a full body detox. For centuries before supplements and patches offering detox like effects, detox has been practiced around the world. Detoxification is all about making your body balanced, resting, nourishing and cleansing the body from top to bottom. Getting all the toxins out of our bodies and eliminating them also nullifies the effects they have on us. Detoxifying your body can be beneficial in helping to keep you disease free, maintaining your weight and giving you the building blocks to put you at your optimum health level.
In order to detoxify the body, what you're basically doing is cleansing your blood. By getting rid of all the impurities in your liver, where toxins are processed, your body has a much better chance of returning to a healthy state. Toxins are processed through other organs as well, including the lungs, skin and kidneys, but if the liver isnít processing correctly then every part of the body may be negatively affected. When using a detox program, you are helping your body get some down time by fasting which in turn stimulates your liver so it can excise the toxins from your liver. You also improve your blood circulation and then you can start to refuel your body with a lot of healthy nutrients.
Knowing when you need to detox is just as important as doing it properly. You should detox at least once a year unless you are pregnant or have a chronic condition that is contraindicated. You should always consult a healthcare practitioner before detoxing. Detoxing can help with a variety of symptoms such as:
- Menstrual problems
- Mental confusion
The first thing to do when detoxifying your body naturally is to cut down on all of the toxins your are putting into your body. Coffee, cigarettes, saturated fats are all toxic to the body and keep you from healing and being energized Once that is done, check out these easy ways to detoxify your body for a better healthier more energetic you!
Top 10 ways to help your body detoxify
1. Eating a lot of fiber, such as fresh fruits, vegetables and brown rice is key to detoxifying your body. Try new things, or old favorites--radishes, cabbage, artichokes, broccoli, and seaweed are all great choices to help this process along.
2. To help your liver do its job properly, take herbs like burdock, milk thistle and dandelion root and drink a lot of green tea.
3. Vitamin C is the miracle vitamin, there are very few cases where a dose of it could be harmful. Detoxification using vitamin C is beneficial because it helps your body make glutathione, which is a liver compound that gets all the toxins out.
4. Drink at least a half a gallon of water a day. Some of it should be warm, as warm water encourages bodily functions whereas when you drink ice water your body must work harder to process it.
5. Take deep breaths, this will let the oxygen circulate throughout your system as well as relieving stress.
6. Drink only fresh fruit and vegetable juices, along with water for 3-5 days to push all of the processed foods out of your system.
7. Use hydrotherapy, a hot and then cold shower can do wonders for your physique. It will relax all your muscles allowing your body to work more effectively.
8. Try out a sauna, you can create your own with a steaming hot shower room. Sweating helps the toxins rise up through the skin and you can just wash them away.
9. Implement a diet of unprocessed food and drinks. Packaged food and fast foods especially are like poison to our bodies..
10. The most important thing to do when you are trying to detox your body is to exercise. As long as you are exercising you are helping your body to work properly and eliminating toxins through sweat as well.
There are dozens of natural detoxification programs out there, it all depends on how far you want to take it and what is right for you. Most follow a seven day schedule since it takes a while to cleanse the blood. Following the simple tips in this article you can keep your body healthy all year round, with only a stringent detox needed once a year.
Recommended For Your Reading Pleasure:
Top 13 Foods that Burn Fat
All you need to know about Cord blood
All you need to know about mysterious Rasputin
All you Need know About - Burning Man Festival!
8 Most isolated Tribes in World