8 most Elusive tribes in world
Explorers claim that there are as many as one hundred isolated tribes who still live in some of the most out-of-the-way areas of the world. These tribes have kept their culture and maintained traditions that could bring a wealth of information about how cultures develop and survive. Knowledge of the existence of these groups comes mostly from infrequent and sometimes violent encounters with neighboring tribes, and from aerial footage.
1) In the depths of Amazon rainforest in Peru live a tribes who have no contact and one of the few remaining tribes not known to anthropologists. A travel group stumbled upon this Lost Peruvian tribe. There was no way to communicate, so the tribe gave up and left the tourists behind. Fortunately, the entire encounter was filmed. Scientists had been searching for this tribe for years with no luck.
2) The Surma People of Ethiopia love bizarre lip plugs, but they have little or no contact with the outside world. The term Surma is the Ethiopian government's collective name for the Suri, Mursi and Me'en groups that inhabit the southwestern part of the country, with a total population of 186,875. Surma live in groups of a hundred or so and herd cattle. They have ignored the governmental shifts and wars in their homeland and maintained their isolation.
Image Source: nationalgeographic
3) There is a tribe that has only one member left. This tribal member seems to disappear just when scientists and explorers almost find him. He is the sole remaining member of an uncontacted Amazon tribe. This Lone tribal member retains his culture and customs. He's an Indian and Brazilian officials have concluded that he's the sole survivor of an uncontacted tribe. How much information would there be about his disappearing tribe and his survival techniques if only he could be found.
4) In the 1790 settlers were surprised to see a tribe of Native Americans walk out of the woods. They were only thirty-five miles from New York City. This tribe managed to avoid all contact with settlers and lived through the Revolutionary war. This Indian tribe had a light skin color and were called the Jackson Whites.
5) Move to Vietnam where bombing laid waste to isolated regions. After a shelling by the Americans, North Vietnamese saw a group of tribesmen emerge from the jungle. The Vietnamese Ruc could not return to their traditional but damaged homes. To this day their culture, developed over hundreds of years, clashes with the civilized world of Vietnam.
6) For years, the Brazilian government has been locating and counting isolated tribes. Aircraft fly over the jungle with photographic equipment, but it is often difficult to find the illusive natives. In year 2007, a low-flying photo project came under fire from arrows shot from an unknown Brazilian tribe. In 2011, a satellite sweep of the area and saw people in an inhabitable area of the jungle. This tribe is still highly hidden.
7) Move to New Guinea where there are dozens of cultures, tribal customs, weird and bizarre customs unknown to man. The uncharted terrain and the characteristics of the tribe have kept them hidden for centuries. There are reports of cannibalism that tends to keep explorers away. In 1961 Michael Rockefeller set out to find one of these Papua New Guinea cannibalistic tribes. He disappeared and is thought to have been eaten by the natives.
Image Source: blogspot
Image Source: pointshoottravel
8) The Sentinelese tribe lives on an island between India and Thailand. It is difficult to contact this tribe on North Sentinel Island. They greet visitors with shouts and arrows. They do love red buckets, coconuts, and have an uncanny ability to survive disasters. The Sentinelese maintain an essentially hunter-gatherer society subsisting through hunting, fishing, and collecting wild plants.
Explorers will continue to seek out these tribes, finding their homes and discovering their weird customs.
Recommended For Your Reading Pleasure:
Bone Chilling NAZI Experiments On Humans
8 Most HORNY Creatures in the Wild
10 Countries With The Most Beautiful People
World's 10 most Mysterious Air Crash of all time
Top 10 Useless Inventions of All Time
Immortal : Most Famous Chess Game Of All Time